Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Throwback Jam of the Week: 2/15/18

Recently while doing some cleaning around the house, I uncovered a relic from my past. It was my Creative ZEN MP3 player!!! I used to carry this thing around everywhere I went back when I was in college. Not only so I could listen to some hot jams anytime I wanted to, but because I was a DJ during this period of my life and would use it at parties and other campus functions.
I still did use CDs and mini-discs while on the mic, but it was so handy to have over 1,000 songs at my fingertips with my trusty MP3 player at my side. This thing is filled with about 1,200 hip-hop, rap and R&B classics spanning from the Motown era to the early 2000s and I would like to share them with you in the hopes that they get you off your feet and bring back some sweet nostalgic memories! Without further ado, here is the first 20 Years Before 2000 Throwback Jam of the week...
Artist: Prince
Song: 1999
Album: 1999 (Released 1982)
Peak Billboard Hot 100 Position: 12
Bonus Fun Fact: This song charted 4 different times over 3 decades!

No comments:

Post a Comment