Sunday, June 5, 2016

Ghostbusters: Ecto Minis


I finally broke down and bought some of the Ghostbusters: Ecto Minis from Mattel. I am always hesitant to pick up these type of collectible mini-figs just because of the price. It is $3 for one small figure! But, I am a GB fan and couldn't resist anymore. I was pleasantly surprised at what was inside once I opened the packs. Here's what I got:
In the first Ghostbusters classic pack I got a GHOST WINSTON! I always felt Winston got a bad rap back in the day. Just because he wasn't one of the founding fathers, he always seemed to be left out of all the merchandise of the original Ghostbusters. He was the "Everyman" of the team and deserves more respect.
In the next classic pack, I got a transparent Slimer figure. This was a score! Everyone loves Slimer!
Lastly in the 2016 Ghostbusters pack I got a Rat Ghost. Not too happy with this one. I guess I will have to see what part this little blue guy plays in the movie before I can pass final judgment. Although I do like the pose. He is waving to you, so I guess he is a happy little fella?
All in all I was happy with what I received out of these packs. The quality of the figures is great. I like the sculpts and they have quality paint jobs. The best part is that they all GLOW IN THE DARK! Anything that glows in the dark will immediately receive my seal of approval. I was expecting these figs to be rubbery, kind of like a M.U.S.C.L.E. figure, but they are surprisingly solid and could take some damage. If I see these again in the store, I might just have to pick up a few and see if I can score myself a Terror Dog?

No comments:

Post a Comment